Monday, August 9, 2010

Healthy Dinner Idea : Fish Parcels



I bought some frozen and skinless fish fillets the other day in my grocery shop. They cost me $12 but would last 3 meals, which is good value in my books. So I turned two fillets into a delicious meal as follows. Like alot my cooking, I make it up as I go and you can alter the ratios to your taste.

Ingredients:

Grated ginger
1 Finely chopped chilli
4 chopped fresh garlic
zest and juice of half a lemon
zest and juice of a lime
2 slices of lime and lemon
1 bunch of corriander chopped (even using teh stalks and roots)
salt and pepper
olive oil


Method:
1. Lay out a sheet of foil and then a sheet of baking paper on top of the foil per person.
2. Lay out the above ingredients on to the centre of the foil and then place the fish fillet on top.
3. Wrap the parcel up and seal.
4. Bake in a preheated 200' oven for about 10-15 mins.

I decided to serve it with a stirfry. Mix some bok choy, chilli, garlic, soy sauce, ginger, olive oil, red onion, sesame seeds, salt, pepper, lemon juice and lime juice in a bowl. Heat up a wok or frying pan and then stir fry for a minute or too, just until the bok choy is a little tender but still crisp.

We just loved this dinner and felt so healthy after eating it, I definitley recommend it :)

Lauren x

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails