Tuesday, December 21, 2010

{12 Days of Christmas ::: Day 9} Christmas Chocolate Puddings


Tonight I hosted a Christmas party for some very close friends. I kinda made up a dessert and adapted an iconic mini pudding my Mum has made for years. I wasn't sure if it would work, but it was an ABSOLUTE winner!!! The best thing was it was quick, cheap, easy and NO OVEN required!

Choc Puddings (serves 10)
2 store bought chocolate mud cakes (i did it this way to save on time, but you can bake these of course)
1/3 jar of brandy essence
(or real brandy if needed)
1 packet of white choc melts
1 packet of red glace cherries


Method:

1. The mudcakes I had bought already had icing on it. So I had to slice it in half and then slice the icing off.
2. Put the cake (icing free) into a large bowl and pour brandy essence (or brandy) on top. Use hands to crumble cake up and then shape the cakes into small tennis ball size balls on a tray with baking paper.
3. Melt the choc melts in double boiler. and drizzle over the top of the 'cake/ pudding balls'.
4. Whilst the chocolate is still wet, place a red cherry on the top and then refridgerate.


You could also do this in the mini version as an edible gift for people and I am sure they would go down a treat. Come to think of it, I might just do that with the extra's I bought for tonight!

Enjoy;
Lauren X

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails