Tuesday, May 24, 2011

{Cheap and Chemical Free Cleaners}



A few months ago, I had the experience where I went to the shops and forgot the main thing I went up there for. Anyone else do that (pleeeeease tell me I'm not the only one)!

I needed multi-purpose cleaner. The kitchen was a mess. BUT the idea of driving to the shops with two boys AGAIN right before dinner, for ONE spray was NOT going to happen!
Then it occurred to me, and I felt like a fool that it took me so long to figure it out. I refilled the water bottle and added a few mls of water soluble Ecalyptus Oil (normal works fine too) which I have used to mop my floors for years. Why I never thought to use it in a spray bottle for my benches before I don't know.
It is available in normal grocery stores, it's a wonderful natural scent from the humble Aussie Eucaplyptus tree and is a natural anti-bacterial (learn more here).

So, now when I see ad's on TV for spray and wipe with disinfectant inside, I quietly giggle to myself knowing that I am using natural products and paying a FRACTION of the cost! hehehe!

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails